Hiring: Communication Assistant
We are hiring 2 Communication Assistants responsible for the creation and organization of the Media Democracy Project’s original media content. Original media content refers to photographs, visuals, and written blog posts. Successful appliance will work with the Coordinators to research and prepare interesting content to be distributed throughout MDP’s online website, social media platforms, and email lists.
- Archiving photographs and audio files
- Transcribe, tag, label, and format files for web distribution
- Research current events and conduct objective, relevant news analysis
- Compile a ‘Weekly Roundup’ of prominent news stories in the sphere of media democratization
- Create visuals and ‘shareable’ content for social media platforms
The Communications Assistants will be expected to work approximately 5-10 hours per week. Hours are flexible depending on on-going projects. Applicants must be SFU students, and able to spend a few hours per week in the Media Democracy Project office at the SFU Burnaby campus. Successful applicants will possess the following skills:
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Must be an SFU student
- Possess a keen interest in current events and relevant social justice issues
- Previous archival experience is an asset, but not required
- Must be an independent, self-motivated worker
All interested applicants should send a Resume and Cover Letter to Mariele at email@example.com. Please include ‘Communications Assistant’ in the subject line. All applications are due by Wednesday, February 4th at 12:00PM (noon). Interviews will be schedules on a rolling basis as applications are received.