Hiring: Social Media Coordinator
The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for developing strategies to increase and entertain the fan base on MDD’s new media platforms such as Facebook Twitter, and YouTube. This person is the public online voice of the Media Democracy Project, aiming to actively engage followers in a dialogue with today’s most pressing issues of media and democracy. The social media coordinator will work with the MDP Coordinators to create content and interactive media experiences through social networking websites.
- Develops, maintains and enhances the Media Democracy Project Facebook and Twitter pages
- Monitors trends in social media tools, techniques and applications and appropriately applies that knowledge to the organization’s use of social media
- Responsible for daily social media monitoring, reporting and responding within established parameters
- Search through a wide range of media providers to understand current events and their relationship to media democratization
- Outlining a campaign calendar and conceptualizing tactics to increase audience participation through social media
The Social Media Coordinator will be expected to work approximately 5-10 hours per week. Hours are flexible depending on on-going projects. Applicants must be SFU students, and able to spend a few hours per week in the Media Democracy Project office at the SFU Burnaby campus. Successful applicants will possess the following skills:
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Must be an SFU student
- Possess a keen interest in current events and relevant social justice issues
- Previous social media experience is an asset, but not required
- Must be an independent, self-motivated worker
All interested applicants should send a Resume and Cover Letter to Mariele at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Social Media Coordinator’ in the subject line. All applications are due by Wednesday, February 4th at 12:00PM (noon). Interviews will be schedules on a rolling basis as applications are received.